There are now two ways in which you can run games for Texicon. The first one is the industry standard where you
choose what game you want to host from your collection and you host that game, known as Standard Hosting.
Building up the required 12 hours for a free Full Convention badge (see GM Perks below for full details). We have
developed a new method for you to participate, the Game Manufacturer Supported (GMF Supported) event.
GMF Supported Events
What are GMF Supported Events?
Simple, they are games that Game Companies have provided us to host.
Why choose a game to run that you do not know?
By selecting a GMF Supported Event you will be given a copy of the game to keep. You will also receive
additional credit towards the required hours for badge compensation. This means that if the game is normally a 2
hour game and you select it you would receive an additional half hour or more of credit towards your badge, and
you get to keep the game.
What Makes a Good Gamemaster?
1) is outgoing and friendly,
2) is helpful to everyone at the convention,
3) leaves any prejudices at the door,
4) has the attitude that every game ever made is a wonderful and fun game to play,
5) is willing to AND has the ability to learn new games and game systems,
6) exhibits adult behavior at all times,
7) is imaginative and inventive, Note: this means that he will have a creative and open mind,
8) is respectful of others,
9) is a leader,
10) does not let players take control of the game, (Remember: You, as the Game Master) are in charge.
11) is flexible,
12) is able to make decisions, Note: Game Masters do not need to go to the Magnate every time there is no
established answer or rule. You make the rulings.
13) is able to use common sense.
What does a Game Master do?
2) The Game Master attempts to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable game.
3) The Game Master must stay out of the way of players having a good time. Remember, it is the player’s game
experience not the Game Master’s.
4) For a game that does not have any participants and/or the registered players failed to show up, the Game
Master will wait 30 minutes at his assigned table to see if anyone desires to play that game. If, after 30
minutes, no one has come to play that game, then the game will be considered canceled. At that time, the
Game Master will report to his Magnate or someone in charge to be reassigned.
5) The Game Master will attempt to harmonize the interplay between players.
6) The Game Master will call roll off of the Game Sign-up Sheet before beginning his game.
7) The Game Master will make sure that each attendee’s name is on the Game Sign-up Sheet.
8) The Game Master will report to the proper Magnate when the game ends for further duty assignment.
9) All Game Masters will be clean and have proper hygiene at the beginning of their shift. This includes
making sure that your breath is not foul.
understand that all our Game Masters run games because they love gaming. Thus, we want to give back to them
in the way that they gave to the convention. In order to do this, we have decided the following.
Any GM may come and run a game for free if he leaves the con after his game ends.
A GM who volunteers for 12hrs = Free Full Con Pass
A GM who volunteers for 8 hrs = $25 Full Con Pass
A GM who volunteers for 4 hrs = $35 Full Con Pass
A GM who volunteers for 4 hrs = $20 Day Pass (Day Pass perk only valid one time per year)
A GM who volunteers for 8 hrs = Free Day Pass
Either the 4hr or the 8hr Day Pass may be upgraded to a Full Con pass for $30.
be able to play any game that can occur in his area. He as to have at least twenty years experience in gaming. He must be
good at managing people. He must be able to be flexible and creative. He must be able to write well. He must be willing to
communicate with Karl Pajak and Kevin Pajak. He will tally the results to determine the winner in his category (i.e. Miniatures,
Board Game, Role-Play). He will re-assign Game Masters whose games have completed early to other games and or areas
in need of a Game Master. He must correspond to all queries in a timely fashion. He must impartially consider all requests
for game master positions and all requests for specific games to be played.