"Where the West Begins"
Texicon is always looking for good people to help out at the convention, if you want to help us we'd love to hear from you.
Some jobs may be small, some may be large. So if you're interested in Volunteering please contact us.
Because there were many complaints that the perks schedule was confusing, we have simplified it for Texicon 2013.
The following is the new perk schedule.
We understand that all our volunteers do not get paid for the time that they volunteer for Texicon. However, we understand
that all our Volunteers help out because they love gaming. Thus, we want to give back to them in the way that they gave to
the convention. In order to do this, we have decided the following.
A volunteer who assists for 12hrs = Free Full Con Pass
A volunteer who assists for 8 hrs = $25 Full Con Pass
A volunteer who assists for 4 hrs = $35 Full Con Pass
A volunteer who assists for 4 hrs on a given day = $20 Day Pass
(This Day Pass perk only valid one time per year) It may be upgraded to a Full Con pass for $30.
A volunteer who assists for 6 or more hours on a given day = Free Day Pass. Heck, we think you have done enough.
Thank you for your help. Now, go enjoy yourself.
(This Day Pass perk only valid one time per year) It may be upgraded to a Full Con pass for $50.
Please note: both Volunteer Day Pass perks are for those volunteers who are not returning to the con and will be at Texicon
only one day.
|Becoming A Volunteer Page
1) The Security Volunteer must first assess any situation that arises.
2) If the situation requires extra help, then the Security Volunteer will obtain extra help (i.e. other Security Volunteers and or
the Security Magnate) to deal with a situation. Remember: never attempt to handle a situation without informing someone
a Magnate or Kevin or Karl about the situation first.
3) Security Volunteers will be friendly and respectful at all times.
4) The Security Volunteer will address any situation that arises promptly and in the appropriate manner.
5) The Security Volunteer will seek to defuse any and all situations that occur as quickly as possible.
6) The Security Volunteer does not check badges. The Game Masters will do that at the game table.
7) The Security Volunteer will ensure that Texicon attendees are not disruptive.
8) Security Volunteers must always remember that he is here to assisting others.
9) The Main function of all Security Volunteers is making sure that the convention runs smoothly by taking care of small
problems before they become large problems.
10) All Security Volunteers will be clean and have proper hygiene at the beginning of their shift. This includes making sure
that you have fresh breath.
Duties of a Security Magnate:
The Security Magnate must be friendly and outgoing. The Security Magnate will find people who are capable of being friendly
and stern. He must be able to document any problem that occurs at Texicon in a well written, clear, precise manner. All
problems will be brought to the attention of Kevin Pajak or Karl Pajak. The Security Magnate will be in charge of scheduling
all Security Volunteers to the time slots for which they are needed. The Security Magnate will be in charge of all Security
Volunteers. The Security Magnate will move through-out the convention on occasion, but he will also be free to game as long
as his volunteers know where he is.
He must be willing to happily participate in any game that occurs in his area. He will have to have the skill and knowledge to
be able to play any game that can occur in his area. He as to have at least twenty years experience in gaming. He must be
good at managing people. He must be able to be flexible and creative. He must be able to write well. He must be willing to
Board Game, Role-Play). He will re-assign Game Masters whose games have completed early to other games and or areas
in need of a Game Master. He must correspond to all queries in a timely fashion. He must impartially consider all requests
for game master positions and all requests for specific games to be played.
Duties of a Seminar Magnate:
Magnate will also schedule the presenters. As this convention focuses more on historical aspects, the majority of the
speakers will need to be able to speak about things in this area. You will work closely with Kevin Pajak to ensure proper
presenters are chosen. All presenters are volunteers.